Friday, October 17, 2008

wascana walk..

Hello all! Happy belated thanksgiving!

I hope everyone is doing well as fall sets in and we get a teaser of winter.

I have been okay the last while. Fighting the odd cold and a few minor infections have set me back energy wise but I am now feeling better and re-energized. Ready to keep fighting.

Below is a clip from Wascana yesterday. When my body is feeling adventurous and mentally strong we as a rehab team leave the walker parked and push my body to its current limits. A little more like freedom. They are grasping my hips for support as we take steps around the room for about 15 or 20 meters. A very familiar feeling but overwhelmingly scary at the same time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking GREAT! :0) Keep it up! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Have not been to the site in a while. Great to see you are still at it and improving everyday. Keep up the good work.
Allison

Anonymous said...

Hey Bro! Some nice walking there. Keep up the hard work and more positive results are sure to follow! Keep the updates coming and say hi to the family. Later,

James

Anonymous said...

Hey Joel,

I havent logged on for a while and it is SOOOO good to see you up and about walking! Wow - you are amazing and you should be so proud.

I cant believe it has been a year already - you were on my mind a year ago, thinking you were coming to visit me (and to surf our beaches!) and then i find out the news. A year on, you have made unbelievable progress and as a result I expect to see you here for summer in the next year or two. Walking to running to surfing - its a natural progression! ;-) The surf is waiting for you my friend.....

Its just starting to warm up here - sunny and beautiful 28 degrees here today! Mmmm....

Keep up the amazing work Joel... sending you lots of love...

Clare xox

Anonymous said...

Hey,
What's up?
Kathy H.